I love salmon in every kind of recipe and this one turned out yum ! It was eaten very quickly and can be made very quickly too..the combination of lemon and dijon goes very well with any kind of meat. Dijon mustard originated in a city called Dijon in eastern France. The traditional Dijon mustard recipe includes white wine and ground brown mustard seeds along with salt and other spices.
- 1.5 pounds salmon fillets
- 2-3 large lemons thinly sliced
- Bamboo or stainless steel skewers
For the marinade:
- 3-4 tablespoons parsley freshly chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt (adjust as per taste)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3-4 tablespoon olive oil
- 3-4 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- If using bamboo skewers then make sure to soak them in water for an hour to avoid them from burning.
- Mix all the ingredients of the marinade with the salmon fillets.
- Skewer the salmon fillets with the thin lemon slices in an alternate fashion.
- Grill the kebabs 3-4 minutes per side until the salmon is cooked though and opaque.
- Serve hot and enjoy - happy summers !